Send your promos for review: Forgotten Scroll, 30, Bafiadaki Str, Hermoupolis, Syros, GREECE / Digitally @ indierock3@gmail.com


Τρίτη 19 Μαρτίου 2013

WARLORD announces live line up for the European shows


WARLORD mastermind Bill Tsamis posted on FaceBook the following announcement about the band's live line up:

ANNOUNCEMENT: WARLORD -- "Live Line-Up" ------- First let me say this. When Mark, Rick, and I embarked on this new venture of doing a new Warlord album, I had no intention of doing any live shows, mostly because of my health situation (as many of you know). However, when we were invited by Oliver Weinsheimer of 'KEEP IT TRUE' to headline that German festival, and when I received clearance from my doctor that I could physically endure such a trip to Europe, suddenly we were approached by Greek promoters as well. Now, Thessaloniki and Athens were on the table. I realized (along with Mark) that the Warlord fans would primarily want to hear "classic Warlord." And as you know, there is a distinction between the "classic Warlord" sound and the "new Warlord" sound (which will one day become "classic" as well). Although Rick is the perfect (ideal) singer for the "new" Warlord, I knew we had to find someone who could approximate the "higher range" style of the early Warlord vocalists. I had heard our friend "Giles Lavery" sing "Lucifer's Hammer" already and I asked him to send me an audition tape of five songs . . . here, you will find excerpts from that audition tape (no 20 minute trailer here), and you will understand "why" I (we) decided to go with someone like "Giles," who is not only a great vocalist in the higher range (as well as the AOR style), but he is someone who has been a Warlord fan since his youth, and is a person who understands the mindset of "the Warlord fan." In sum, "Rick is better suited to sing the new Warlord material while Giles is better suited to sing the classic Warlord material." So, here is a taste of "Giles Lavery" as the Warlord vocalist for the upcoming live shows. The other players as mentioned above will be: Philip Bynoe (bass), Paolo Viani (guitar) and Angelo Vafeiadis (keyboards).

 Here is the Live Singer Audition video teaser as posted by the band,
 
Warlord Mini Tour 2013 Live Lineup:
Giles Lavery: Vocals
William J Tsamis: Guitars
Mark Zonder: Drums
Philip Bynoe: Bass
Paolo Viani: Guitars
Angelo Vafeiadis: Keyboards


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου